Journal of Robust Quality Engineering Society Submission Guidelines（2022/3/9 revised）[PDF]
Article 1. The Journal of the Robust Quality Engineering Society (JRQES) is a journal for the development and popularization of theories and methodologies related to the robust quality engineering, and for the publication of meaningful research results and practical examples by its members.
The program is designed for members to submit research results and practical examples for publication in the journal of the Society, and to provide a summary of them.
(Qualifications for submission)
Article 2. The author(s) of the report must be a member of the Robust Quality Engineering Society.
(Type of report)
Article 3. The type of reports shall be as follows. Of these, “(1) Technical Papers ” shall be subject to peer review as specified in the Rules for Review of Journal Articles.
(1) Technical Papers：Papers that summarize the results of the author's research or the results of research on a specific subject, and that contain educational or enlightening content.
Research Paper：Organizes and integrates the results of research, clarifies its position based on the findings of previous studies, and presents useful conclusions that are logically based on the data.
Research and Development：Research in Robust Quality Engineering that is novel, highly original, and highly effective. Research that is particularly challenging, such as application to new fields, and research with high industrial feasibility.
Case Study：Research that is new, original, and highly effective as research in Robust Quality Engineering.
Report of Implementation：Even if the research is not original, it should include contents that are practically useful as examples of the use of Robust Quality Engineering and that are worth reporting and publishing.
|②||Editorial：Draws valuable conclusions that cannot be obtained from individual research results alone by comprehensively organizing and summarizing the research results of the author and other authors.|
|③||Commentary：Educational and enlightening content, such as commentaries, reviews, seminars, etc.|
(2) Article： Mainly includes the contents of networking and information exchanges among members of the society.
Perspective-1：Current reviews on quality engineering, or reviews from a comprehensive and broad perspective.
Perspective-2：Conversational articles on robust quality engineering topics by the Editorial Board.
Report on Oversea Activities：Introduces quality engineering activities and research presentations overseas.
|④||Group activities：Articles introducing quality engineering activities of organizations, groups, etc.|
|⑤||QE square：Articles with contents suitable for the exchange of opinions among members, such as suggestions, proposals, and introductions.|
|⑥||Foruml：Articles for sharing activities of academic societies and local research groups.|
|⑦||Member’s voice：Articles focused on networking and information exchanges among RQES members.|
Member introductions：Articles introducing new members.
|⑨||Editorial：Draws valuable conclusions that cannot be obtained from individual research results alone by comprehensively organizing and summarizing the research results of the author and other authors.|
|⑩||Other：Articles deemed appropriate by the Editorial Board.|
(Basic requirements for technical papers)
Article 4. The paper must relate to theories, methodologies, techniques, examples of implementation, educational methods, computer programs, etc., in the areas indicated in Article 1, and must clearly indicate the purpose and conclusion.
2. The content of the paper must not have been submitted to any other publication that is open to the public. However, if the content of the manuscript has not been finalized for external publication or has been revised or added to, it will be considered as an unpublished manuscript. In addition, manuscripts that have been published in printed materials such as proceedings and proceedings of conferences, seminars, symposiums, etc. sponsored by the Society, or in reports of Grants-in-Aid for scientific research, etc., shall be considered as unpublished.
3. A clear and concise title that accurately describes the content should be included in the report.
(Basic requirements for articles)
Article 5. Articles should be related to the exchange of information among members in the areas indicated in Article 1.
2. Articles should have a clear and concise title that accurately describes the content.
Article 6. Members who wish to submit a paper to the Journal shall send it with the manuscript to the Editorial Board of the Society of Quality Engineering. The date of receipt of the application for submission shall be the date of receipt of the report.
2. When submitting a paper, an abstract specified in the Rules for Review of Journal Articles should be included.
Article 7. The Editorial Board shall confirm that the submitted paper meets those requirements of Article 4 and Article 3, then submit it for peer review as specified in the Rules for Review of Journal Articles. If the paper does not meet the requirements of both articles, the author will be informed and requested further action. The date of submission will be the date when the action is taken.
(Acceptance or rejection)
Article 8. The Editorial Board decides whether to publish a paper and the classification of the paper based on the results of peer review in accordance with the Rules for Review of Journal Articles the acceptance or rejection of an article is decided by the Editorial Board.
Article 9. The Editorial Board will decide which issue of the journal to publish the accepted report. However, the order will generally be in the order of acceptance.
(Final manuscript submission)
Article 10. The author of a paper that has been accepted for publication by the Editorial Board must submit the final manuscript in digital and printed form, as specified in the Rules for Review of Journal Articles by the designated date. Manuscripts that are late or do not follow the Rules for Review of Journal Articles ｍay not be published or may be rewritten by the Editorial Board.
Article 11. Generally, the number of pages should be limited to the regulations specified in the Rules for Review of Journal Articles .The Editorial Board will give final instructions on the amount of space allocated at the time of notification of acceptance. Manuscripts that greatly exceed this amount may be asked to be rewritten or may not be published. However, this does not apply to additions or revisions made as a result of the review process, or to the recording of questions and answers.
Article 12. Two copies of the published issue will be given free of charge to the author(s) of the report.
Article 13. No compensation will be paid to the authors of the reports under any circumstances.
Article 14. The copyright to all reports and other materials published in the journal shall belong to the Robust Quality Engineering Society.
The copyright belongs to the Robust Quality Engineering Society at the time of acceptance of the submission.
In the case of rejection, the copyright will be returned to the author(s) with notification of rejection.
Details of the copyright handling rules will be provided.
Article 15. The responsibility for the content of the report rests entirely with the authors. All data should be factual and correct.
Article 16. The Editorial Board is responsible for the supervision of these regulations.
(Change or abolition of rules)
Article 17. Any change or abolition of these regulations shall require a resolution of the Board of Directors.
1. These regulations came into effect on March 4, 1993.
2. These regulations were revised on August 17, 1998, in accordance with the name change of the association.
3. These regulations were revised on April 1, 2011, to reflect the change in the number of characters in Japanese abstracts.
4. These regulations were revised on February 4, 2013, in accordance with the revision of the copyright handling rules.
5. These regulations were revised on September 10, 2015, to match the current operation of the report review.
6. These regulations were revised on December 13, 2016, to reflect the actual operation.
(※ Changed to the Western calendar and some errors were corrected・・・
7. These regulations were revised on March 14, 2017, regarding the conditions of the content of the report.
8. These regulations were revised on September 12, 2019, regarding the type of reports.
9. These regulations were revised on June 9, 2021, to reflect the actual operation.
10. These regulations were revised on December 8, 2021, to omit an unnecessary article in the case of the English submission.
11. These regulations were revised on March9, 2022, to reflect the English submissions.
Note: The English translation of the Articles of Incorporation in this document is for the reference of members who are not fluent in Japanese, and the official version is in Japanese.